Submitty is an open source programming assignment submission system from the Rensselaer Center for Open Source Software (RCOS), launched by the Department of Computer Science at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.
The Submitty project is hosted on GitHub.
- Secure testing of many languages: Python, C/C++, Java, Scheme, Prolog, SPIM, and anything available on GNU / Linux!
- Customizable automated grading with immediate feedback to students
- Advanced grading tools: static analysis, JUnit, code coverage, memory debuggers, etc.
- Student upload by drag-and-drop, zip upload, or version control
- Correct mistakes through multiple submissions, flexible ``late day’’ policy, hidden tests
- Interface for complementary instructor/TA manual grading, overall grade summaries
- Instructors have full access to logs for debugging, launch batch regrading
- Scales to multiple courses with thousands of students
- Supports multiple instructors and TAs per course
- Open-source, free to use, install on your own hardware, or VPS
We have a public forum for questions about Submitty:
Or you can contact the RPI Submitty development team:
Please use the links on the sidebar to further explore Submitty.