Submitty is an open source programming assignment submission system from the Rensselaer Center for Open Source Software (RCOS), launched by the Department of Computer Science at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.
The Submitty project is hosted on GitHub.
- Secure testing of many languages: Python, C/C++, Java, Scheme, Prolog, SQL, SPIM, and anything available on GNU / Linux!
- Customizable automated grading with immediate feedback to students, and optional “hidden” tests
- Advanced grading tools: static analysis, JUnit, code coverage, memory debuggers, networked and distributed assignments, screenshots/gifs of graphics assignments, and database assignments
- Instructors have full access to logs for debugging, launch batch regrading, custom containers (Docker)
- Student upload by drag-and-drop, zip upload, or version control
- Correct mistakes through multiple submissions, flexible ``late day’’ policy
- Interface for complementary instructor/TA manual grading, anonymized peer grading
- Instructor bulk upload of scanned .pdf exams, QR code name matching, pdf annotation
- Supports course material hosting, team assignments, overall grades spreadsheet, plagiarism detection
- Integrated discussion forum, notifications, and email announcements
- Scales to multiple courses, thousands of students, multiple instructors and TAs per course
- Open-source, free to use, install on your own hardware, or VPS
Please use the links on the sidebar to further explore Submitty.